Monday, October 16, 2017

Know Your Worth

RECBL - Cash Buyers Lists
Know Your Worth

RECBL - Real Estate News

If you have ever had the opportunity to view a TED Talks video, you probably found yourself overwhelmed with insight or enlightenment. You may have even found yourself inspired with an intense feeling of motivation to combine your inspiration with a plan of action. That’s passion!

​When you reflect on the person or persons in your life who have inspired you, who comes to mind? For me, I reflect on my mother. A young, single widow, left with three children all under the age of 10, working to stay above water because her children’s lives depended on her strength. A woman who at the time didn’t realize her worth and working in a world where gender equality was more or less the punch line of a joke and not a realistic issue.

My mother really didn’t recognize all she had to offer nor did she really understand her own worth. However, I did. I recognized the knowledge, the love, the drive she possessed to make sure her children were fed, clothed and had a place to sleep at night. I recognized she had made a choice early in her life to become a wife and mother. I recognize she focused on rearing and raising her children while her husband, also committed to his family, focused on providing for his wife and children in the only manner his young mind was able to comprehend.

After the loss of her husband, she was now the mother and father, a daunting task which far too many young woman and men have experienced.

Sometimes, when tragedy strikes, we forget what we are worth. We focus on the immediate issue and forget the big picture, not by choice, but out of necessity.I don’t believe one has to sacrifice future for the present or vice versa. I believe in being surrounded by those who constantly remind others of their worth and the value they possess. I believe in recognizing worth. I recognize my mother’s worth and I hope she has the opportunity to view the same talk I have and recognize her worth and what she has to offer. Thank you mom, for being the inspiration and motivation which helped me to realize my own self worth. I hope you enjoy the talk.

Your boss probably isn't paying you what you're worth -- instead, they're paying you what they think you're worth. Take the time to learn how to shape their thinking. Pricing consultant Casey Brown shares helpful stories and learnings that can help you better communicate your value and get paid for your excellence.

This talk was presented to a local audience at TEDxColumbusWomen, an independent event.








CashBuyersLists.com                                                                                    Please like, comment and share.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHY USE PRIVATE MONEY LENDERS?

  WHY USE PRIVATE MONEY LENDERS? 1. Private lenders for real estate are offering competitive interest rates Since a loan on an investment pr...